Monday, September 20, 2010

New Music Monday - "Whip My Hair" by Willow Smith

Once again, I am back after some real life fails and successes, pardon my absence, but here I am. Today I am bringing you some music that's a bit different from what I normally listen to; I've long since left hip hop and R&B music alone, but young Willow Smith (yes, Will Smith and Jada Pinkett-Smith's daughter) snatched me back with her new hit. This nine year old is displaying more raw talent and self acceptance than most adults in the industry. Within in the past two weeks Willow has had her song racking up numerous plays on YouTube and has actually gotten signed to Roc Nation (Jay-Z's Record Label). Not only has she caught the attention of her listeners, but she's caught the attention of one of the most successful rappers there is.

At nine year's old she's putting everyone to shame with this song and in a way, encouraging girls and women alike to accept themselves and "just whip it." Take a listen.


She doesn't have an official video out yet, but from what I hear it's in the works and as soon as it's done I'll definitely do a  follow up. I look forward to hearing more music from this young lady with a crap ton of talent. Now if you'll excuse me . . I have some hair whipping to do.

Have an awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

hearts are fragile . . .