Saturday, October 1, 2011

Transitioning: From Relaxed to Natural.

So year's ago as a biracial kid I never thought anything was wrong with my hair, but then I got to high school and saw that no one and I mean no one had hair like mine. If they did, they didn't wear it in its natural state and I begged and pleaded with my parents for them to let me alter my naturally curly hair. So with unenthusiastic answers, they said yes. Now here I am . . . I've transitioned from relaxed hair to natural hair over the course of the last three years and to say it wasn't easy was a complete understatement. Not only is transitioning a physical change of your appearance, but a mental change of how you view yourself and the world's perception of beauty.

Take a look at where I started:

Comment, Rate, Subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

hearts are fragile . . .